Star Wars

Star Wars 1977

Princess Leia is captured and held hostage by the evil Imperial forces in their effort to take over the galactic Empire. Venturesome Luke Skywalker and dashing captain Han Solo team together with the loveable robot duo R2-D2 and C-3PO to rescue the beautiful princess and restore peace and justice in the Empire.

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope - Special Edition

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope - Special Edition 1997

When the original film was re-released on April 10, 1981, Episode IV: A New Hope was added above the original opening crawl. Although Lucas claims that only six films were ever planned, representatives of Lucasfilm discussed plans for nine or 12 possible films in early interviews. The film was re-released theatrically in 1978, 1979, 1981, 1982, and 1997.

Star Wars: 4K77

Star Wars: 4K77 1977

Fan restoration of the original 35mm film, scanned and cleaned to 4K. Princess Leia is captured and held hostage by the evil Imperial forces in their effort to take over the galactic Empire. Venturesome Luke Skywalker and dashing captain Han Solo team together with the loveable robot duo R2-D2 and C-3PO to rescue the beautiful princess and restore peace and justice in the Empire. Team Negative 1 (TN1) compiled 97% of the film's footage from an original 35mm reel and scanned it in 4K. The remaining 3% came from additional footage and TN1's previous Star Wars restoration, Silver Screen Edition. This release was processed both with and without Digital Noise Reduction (DNR). The result is this gorgeous restoration that rivals the original showing in 1977!